At S.B. Ballard, we’re only as strong as our people. We strive for diversity and a team built on fair hiring practices. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer and are a familiar presence at regional trade fairs, workshops and matchmaker programs for people of all walks interested in the construction industry.
We are always looking for terrific people to join S.B. Ballard, one of the premier construction companies in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. Come say hello at the next trade fair, learn about who we are and check out our latest technology and projects.
We also encourage small disadvantaged businesses to bid on our projects and work with us on future builds.
We work with several organizations to ensure a diverse and talented staff:
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity – Encourages participation of small, women and minority-owned businesses in the Commonwealth’s procurement process.
- Asian Chamber of Commerce – Supports economic and business opportunity for Asian-owned businesses across Virginia.
- Carolinas Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council - Promotes business relationships between the public and minority-owned businesses in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Crater Procurement – Assists minority and diverse businesses with certifications in the federal, state, and local government marketplace.
- Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council – Provides minority business certification and assistance to enter new markets.
S.B. Ballard also participates at the national and local levels with other organizations and boards to develop curricula and training programs to prepare disadvantaged businesses to engage with the construction industry.