Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and build professional relationships with Subcontractors, peers, and clients
- Coordinate and assist the project team in establishing the project scope and standards of construction projects
- Distribute bid documents to ensure complete and competitive prices from subcontractors
- Gather, compile, and calculate data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Review drawings for constructability
- Maintain Estimating database with current subcontractors
- Assist with the conceptual estimating including quantity takeoffs
- Build relationships with subcontractor and design team to solicit lowest bids
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings and specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Job Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of the demands an employee may encounter to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is responsible to maintain fit-for-duty and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate, efficient, and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental, and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually low-moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken, and resources will be provided.
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- 3-5 years previous sitework/ Division 2 estimating experience in commercial construction
- Quantity take-off experience with at least one trade
- Experience with earthwork takeoff software
- Pricing experience with at least one trade
- Presentation experience
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience
- Blueprint Reading experience
This position also requires someone with very strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task. This person must be detail oriented and technically sound. In addition, the person selected must possess very strong interpersonal skills which are required to deal with a wide variety of personalities and constantly changing situations.
S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and pre-employment background check prior to starting work in this position. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.