S.B. Ballard Construction Company, a leading General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking an Estimator to join our team. When applying for this position, please include project list as well as resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimate construction costs by collecting and studying information to provide the most accurate estimates possible. Controlling construction costs by maintaining open lines of communication with subcontractors, project managers and superintendents during the job bidding process through job completion.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans and specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each item of work.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Solicits bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and scopes of work; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Analyzes information
- Develops budgets
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships
- Demonstrates good reporting and documentation skills
- Decision making
- Quality focus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as estimator
- Experience estimating commercial jobs in $5M-$150M dollar range
- Knowledge of project management, job costs analysis, MS programs and Timberline estimating software.
The summary of the essential responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefits package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.