S. B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Quality Control Manager to join our team for projects located within the Hampton Roads area. This position will lead all the on-site activities required throughout the construction process to successfully deliver a project on time and within budget. This CQM role requires working on an active Military Installation and requires working on-site.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The QC Manager shall be responsible for the overall management of the CQC system.
- Schedule and coordinate all sampling, testing, and inspection of work.
- Maintain complete and current records of material and equipment submittals.
- Perform the Three Phases of Control to assure conformance of materials, installation and workmanship with the Contract documents.
- Gather, coordinate and prepare to submit final project closeout documents including but not be limited to: Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manuals, Installed Property data, Transfer Property data, User Training records, Final Test Log and Final Test Reports, Final Inspection Reports, Final Submittal Register, Warranties, Warranty Tags, Warranty Management Plan, and other closeout data/documents listed in the specifications
- Prepare, submit and file daily CQC reports with supporting attachments
- Inspect the work in progress on a daily basis.
- Coordinate identification and correction of work deficiency (rework) items.
- Schedule, supervise and coordinate CQC Specialists in the areas of civil, architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental work – gathering inspection reports for submission and file
- Prepare punch list for buildings prior to turn over. QC Manager shall also verify that all items on punch list have been corrected prior to customer Pre-Final inspection. QC Manager shall be present during Final acceptance inspection.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Graduate of Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management Preferred or equivalent experience.
- Certification: Current certificate for Construction Quality Management (CQM) For Contractors
- Safety: OSHA 30, EM-385 40 Hour, First Aid, CPR
- A minimum of 5 years Quality Control experience, 10 years preferable
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP – preferred
- Experience as a Quality Control Manager on NAVFAC or USACE managed projects
- Experience in the use of NAVFAC – WORD, EXCEL and pdf Templates
- Experience in the use of USACE – QCS module of the Resident Management System (RMS)
- Experience in writing meeting agendas, conducting QC Meetings and writing meeting reports
- Experience in office QC Administration (processing submittals, maintaining register, test log, three phase log, preparing Prep & Initial Worksheets, gathering closeout documentation and making required entries into computer templates / spreadsheets / data bases/ e-folders)
- Experience organizing, managing and filing QC Department paper documentation
- Experience in QC field inspection, inspection documentation and photographic recording
- Experience managing deficiencies and following up on DOR/EOR Field Reports and Directives
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance of Virginia Beach job site.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.