S.B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Construction Project Scheduler to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun, and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
General Description of Duties:
- Manage and control all scheduling data through project scheduling software (Primavera P6) during the design and construction phase of a project.
- Enter actual start/finish dates and progress % complete into the project schedules per superintendents and project managers’ input.
- Enter submittals actual start/finish dates from latest submittal register to the project schedules.
- Assist with gathering information and putting together preliminary and baseline schedules.
- Assist the superintendents with putting together two-week look ahead schedules.
- Assist superintendents with schedule information on their daily reports.
- Create proposals and bid schedules with the help of the estimating and business development departments.
- Update the schedule to determine the current progress of the project relative to the baseline and contract.
- Prepare monthly project schedule updates including written narrative and custom reports as needed.
- Prepare recovery schedules with the help of superintendent and project manager.
- Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions, and consult with project leadership teams to create plans to overcome challenges.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in construction project scheduling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with expert skill level in Excel. Proficiency in Primavera P6.
- Strong written, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient time management to meet deadlines while providing project support.
- Critical thinking skills to analyze and report accurate project schedule information.
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance to our Virginia Beach office.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.