S. B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Project Manager to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full project ownership including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate all activities with the Superintendent and project team.
- Own all project finances.
- Organize, understand, and maintain up-to-date contract documents.
- Prepare the project construction schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent and required subcontractor input.
- Coordinate the intent and implementation of the final project budget
- Issue all subcontracts
- Prepare a master submittal schedule and submittal log.
- Schedule and conduct regular owner and subcontractor coordination and preconstruction meetings.
- Receive, review, document, and administrate the resolution to all project specific issues.
- Assist the Superintendent in implementation and coordination of SBBCC on-site quality control and safety procedures.
- Receive, review and process all subcontractor Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) forms.
- Prepare, distribute and acquire approval of all Owner Change Order Requests.
- Prepare and distribute all subcontractor Change Orders and associated budget revisions.
- Prepare and distribute the monthly Owner Applications for payment.
- Oversight of all project administrative logs and close-out activities.
- Drive the importance of a safety-first mindset to everyone touching the project.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at varying stages within a lifecycle.
- Manage a small team of employees, providing oversight, direction, and mentoring in accordance to SBBCC’s policies and procedures.
- Foster and cultivate a team culture that aligns with SBBCC’s mission and values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with MS Project and P6.
- Previous experience managing employees preferred.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
- DBIA certification a plus.
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance of Virginia Beach job site.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.