S. B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Proposal Writer/Coordinator to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and analyzes SOQs, RFQs, RFPs etc; develops complete management and/or technical volume responses, outlines and organizes the approach for delivering a winning response
- Work with Business Development and Marketing to manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFP to final production and submission of proposals (to include printing/binding)
- Writes complete technical and management proposals coordinating as necessary with business units, operational/current program personnel and centers of excellence
- Preparing presentation materials for client interviews
- Interviews program managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives
- Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections
- Write/edit/proofread/format/maintain staff resumes and input text and certifications, roles, responsibilities, etc. to SharePoint in collaboration with Human Resources to ensure consistency
Qualifications and Experience:
- A technical background/understanding of construction, and program/project management
- A proven ability to interact and remain productive in large bid/proposal teams.
- Must also have the ability to PERSONALLY GENERATE/write/develop creative, compelling (and winning) written responses to requests and solicitations.
- Must be deadline-driven and have ability to work and succeed in fast-paced and high-stress environments.
- Superior writing skills and proficiency in MS Office programs
- Superior proficiency in Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a positive attitude
- Flexibility and capability to work multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proactive approach/self-starter/takes initiative
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance of Virginia Beach job site.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.