In search of a passionate proposal lead to drive all aspects of the proposal process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the entire proposal process from research, writing, design, and edit through final submission with ensuring the delivery of a quality product.
- Coordinate and support the full life cycle of proposal development including:
- Support the development of proposal strategies and themes and oversee the Proposal Management Plan.
- Create the proposal plan and schedule – conduct kick-off meetings, lead review process, coordinate print and delivery.
- Determine assignments and enforce deadlines.
- Create proposal cheat sheets, proposal compliance matrix and fulfill requirements through leading all aspects of the proposal coordination.
- Content development – theme, design, and create graphics for the visual concepts that support proposal theme.
- Write, edit and rewrite draft proposals and coordinate reviews.
- Lead the proposal production and submission, including paper and electronic.
- Develop targeted questions and method to coordinate internal stakeholder involvement to obtain critical proposal information (lessons learned, narrative, schedule, site logistics, construction plan, etc.).
- Develop, deploy and maintain proposal tools and processes to ensure the company complies with best practices.
- Create templates for proposal content, graphics, presentations and marketing materials.
- Maintain all Proposal files, re-sue libraries/database and ensure accuracy of current information.
- Lead the planning, coordination, preparation, and project team for proposal interviews.
- Schedule – logistics and Project Team.
- Presentation materials to assist with closing and positioning strategies – slideshow presentations and marketing materials.
- Coordinate and lead practice/preparation sessions.
- Attend / Lead Interview Presentation.
- Coordinate and support the award submission process for project and corporate recognition.
- Assist with client and market research projects.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Marketing and Project Development team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent organizational and writing skills are essential to succeed in this position.
- Understanding of and ability to persuasively write and direct writing to contract requirements.
- Ability to translate complex a/e/c concepts into a narrative accessible to laypersons.
- Experience with the proposal preparation that includes design, content, and coordination.
- Technical writing experience related to proposal development.
- Proven ability as an editor.
- Graphic Design Skills – proficiency in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong coordination skills.
- Highly accountable and reliable.
- Education and/or Experience in related field (English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Management, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience in a proposal writing role within the A/E/C Industry.
- Knowledge on standards in the A/E/C industry for project pursuits and familiarity with industry terms, deliverables and processes.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles.
- Strong experience with designing marketing material.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite and desktop publishing.
- Experience in coordinating and creating presentations for project pursuit interviews.
After training period and team cohesion, this position can be performed remotely dependent on project needs. Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing in the Hampton Roads area.
The summary of the duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefits package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and a background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.