S. B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Construction Estimator to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive General Contractor estimating experience.
- Proven experience working with AE’s and Owners in Design-Build and CM @ Risk projects.
- Proficiency in quantitative take-offs, subcontractor relations and proposal development
- Proficiency with MS Office/Excel software.
- Applicants must have strong computer, organizational, communication and presentation skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience (7-10 years) and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with expert skill level in Excel
- Proficiency in On Screen Take-off (OST)
- Proficiency in Bluebeam
- Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with MS Project and P6.
- Previous experience managing employees preferred.
- Some periodic travel may be required
- DBIA certification a plus
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance of Virginia Beach job site.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.