S. B. Ballard Construction Company is looking for a well-organized Superintendent to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Here at SBBCC, we are committed to creating a culture where employees feel valued. Our workplace is fun and we pride ourselves on a strong camaraderie and family friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has the independent responsibility to manage all field activities for small and medium sized projects of normal complexity.
- Ensures the proper performance of all subcontractors in both quality and timeliness of their work.
- Perform and coordinate all duties in conjunction with the duties of the Project Manager.
- Perform all project start-up and close-out activities.
- Thoroughly understand, organize, and maintain all project contract documents on a regular basis.
- Assist the Project Manager with preparation of the project construction schedule in conjunction with input from the required Subcontractors.
- Manage the schedule to timely and successful completion.
- Coordinate implementation of the final project budget with the Project Manager.
- Co-conduct a Subcontractor pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager to review all SBBCC and project-specific requirements.
- Co-conduct regular Subcontractor coordination meetings with the Project Manager.
- Prepare and distribute all necessary project administrative documents including, but not limited to: daily reports, 3-week look ahead schedule, incident reports, safety inspection reports, material delivery tickets, investigation reports, etc.
- Identify and resolve all on-site project-specific issues in conjunction with the Project Manager and escalate the necessary issues up to the appropriate person.
- Implement and enforce all required SBBCC on-site Quality Control procedures.
- Implement and enforce all required SBBCC on-site Safety procedures.
- Ability to secure access to military facility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Fosters a strong desire to learn, welcomes new challenges, and values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Previous experience leading a job-site team preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of commercial construction means and methods, application of LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing within commuting distance of Virginia Beach job site.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. The salary for this position is based on experience as well as a variety of other factors negotiated during the offer process. We are a drug free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.