NAP of Virginia Beach™: PointOne’s Enterprise Class Data Center and Subsea Cable Landing Station Campus Project Overview: – Virginia Beach’s enterprise class data center and […]
– Virginia Beach’s enterprise class data center and cable landing station campus
– Directly across the street from the highest capacity subsea cables in the world: MAREA and BRUSA
– Building constructed at 15 ft. above sea level and to withstand 200 mph winds (FEMA Wind Zone III)
– One 40,000 sf. facility totaling 4.8MW of critical power load
– Carrier neutral dark fiber and high capacity lit service options
– Phase One will deliver 1.2MW in Summer 2020
Subsea Cables in Virginia Beach:
– Offers the lowest latency and closest proximity to the MAREA and BRUSA subsea cables.
– Uniquely located less than 7 miles from 2 submarine cable landing zones: Camp Pendleton and Sandbridge.
– Dark fiber and high capacity lit services to Ashburn, Washington, D.C., Henrico, Boydton, and North Carolina corridors.
– Diverse 2 x 24 conduit POE’s.
Industry Leading Structural Design:
– This facility will have 20,000 sf of white space along with the ability to lease up to 7,000 sf. of Class A office space.
– Capable of housing 8+ subsea cables with dry plant rooms designed to house SLTE and PFE equipment.
– Diverse connectivity to MAREA & BRUSA via 2 x 432 fiber conduit routes.
– Closed manifold cooling system that process saltwater air so saltwater’s corrosive effects won’t enter the facilities.
Reliable Power Design:
– Current capacity provided by Dominion Energy already exceeds the facility and potential second facility’s critical power load of 9.6MW.
– Served by two diverse 34.5kV distribution feeds.
– N+1 concurrent redundant to the rack.
PointOne Development Corp.:
PointOne is a technology infrastructure developer delivering comprehensive, deployment-ready and highly nimble data center campuses that seamlessly meet the growing demands for speed to market, redundancy, latency, and scalability of cloud-computing technology companies.
PointOne broke ground on its new Virginia Beach Cable Landing Station and Data Center Campus in May 2019. PointOne is making an investment to build state-of-the-art data center spaces to serve Virginia’s growing edge computing sector within cloud, government, and enterprise verticals. “PointOne’s second Virginia investment demonstrates our state’s reputation as a global and sophisticated technology hub,” said Stephen Moret, President & CEO of the Virginia Economic Development Partnership. “This facility will enhance Virginia’s competitive edge in technology and have a positive economic impact on the Virginia Beach region.”
PointOne selected S.B. Ballard Construction Company as the design-builder due to their significant experience overseeing large-scale, technical projects across the Mid-Atlantic.
To learn more about the project, please visit www.pointonecorp.com.